Saturday, June 15, 2013

"We" Being the People

Slowly, silently, creeping, violently, 
I stalk my prize, 
viciously, 
reminding me-
Of a time that I wasn't me.

People are filled with hatred, 
As though their eyes are red. 
Burning, 
Fuming, 
Pitifully excusing,
Each-other.
Of what they know- 
To be sin against a brother.

Our bulbous hearts try to breath, 
In the land that is diseased-
The land of slavery.
The, 
"Land of the free."

Freedom waits as freedom tastes, 
Apples and oranges and natural things.
Freedom frees those who cannot see, 
And freedom is in
You and me. 

Freedom still
Surfs the waves
Of eternity,
Simply because, 
Freedom is free.
Taste and see. 

In fear we shall wait- 
Wait for the great.
Wait for something to change.
Wait for a change within.
Wait for the day where, 
Sin is laid bare, 
On the table.
Where every black sheep, 
Is let out of its stable.
And we are finally freed from, 
The racist ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment